Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle

I have been on Weight Watchers on and off for the past four years.  I have had a great deal of success with the program so my tips will coincide with Weight Watcher tips.

Drink Plenty of Water:

The typical rule is to drink at least 8 ounces of water every day.  However, if you want to lose weight you will want to drink more water than this.   To determine the number of ounces of water you need per day, divide your weight by two. For example, a person who weighs 140 pounds should consume 70 ounces, or about 9 cups.

Eat 5 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables:

With Weight Watchers most fruits and vegetables are zero points.  So I tried to load up on as many fruits and vegetables as possible.  If I feel hungry, I grab carrots or a banana as a snack instead of reaching for a an unhealthy snack.

Keep Track of What You Eat:

Since I use the Weight Watchers application, I track what I eat daily.  But if you are not using Weight Watchers you can still journal what you eat to make sure you are getting the appropriate nutrition and to make sure you are not over eating.

Weigh and Measure Proportions:

I can't emphasis this tip enough.  Keeping track of weight or proportions of what you eat is huge.  I realized immediately that I was over eating.  I have a scale in my kitchen and multiple measuring cups and spoons.  I try to measure each item I eat so I know exactly what I am eating.  But sometimes I do not have those tools available that is when I remember to use my hand to determine sizes.


These are just a few tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment