Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cranberry-Orange Glazed Ham


It is an Easter tradition in my family to eat ham for our Easter dinner.  I really don't think there is anything better than a juicy piece of ham.  Since I have been trying to diet, I wanted to find a Weight Watcher friendly ham recipe.  When I found the Cranberry-Orange Glazed Ham recipe for only five points, I knew I had found a winner.

For the ham you will need:

2 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
¼ cup(s) canned cranberry sauce
2 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
1 Tbsp whole cloves
2 pound(s) lean ham
1 medium mandarin orange(s), cut into wedges

Preheat the oven to 375.


For the glaze, in a small saucepan over low heat, stir together orange juice concentrate, cranberry sauce and brown sugar, whisking until smooth.


Stick cloves into top of ham and along the side. 


The recipe called for placing the ham in a baking pan and glazing it every 15 minutes for an hour.  I decided to place the ham in a cooking bag (to keep it moist) along with the glaze.


I baked the ham for 60 minutes and then removed it from the cooking bag.  I also removed all of the cloves before slicing.


For 5 weight watcher points, you get about 4 ounces of ham.  I served the ham with Weight Watcher Au Gratin Potatoes and green beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment