Thursday, April 19, 2012

Green Beans with Caramelized Onions


This recipe is a huge hit in our house.  I love green beans but sometimes I get tired of the same old same old.  These Weight Watcher Green Beans with Caramelized Onions always hits the spot. 

For the recipe you will need:

1 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Sugar
16 oz frozen pearl onions (I have not been able to find frozen pearl onions so I use fresh)
16 oz frozen cut green beans (I do not like frozen green beans so I use a can of cut green beans)
½ Tsp of salt
¼ Tsp of Black Pepper



If you use fresh pearl onions, you will need to boil the pearl onions for 3 minutes and remove the skin.


Next heat oil and sugar together in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add onion and sauté until tender and golden brown, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.


Add green beans and cook until crisp-tender, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.

Remove from heat and add salt and pepper. 

You can have ½ cup of green beans and onions for 1 point.



1 comment:

  1. NOM to the pearl onions! Nice combo with those green beans. I'll be making this recipe, so thanks!

    (Ps. just came over from your fashion blog. Ya, I hate when the running shorts ride up, too. Grrrr)

    ReplyDelete