Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mozzarella Sticks


I love mozzarella sticks.  I mean who doesn’t?  So when I discovered this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to recreate it but make it even healthier.  The result was fantastic.

For the recipe you will need:

12 sticks of light string cheese
½ cup of egg beaters
2 Tbsp of flour
5 Tbsp of bread crumbs (I used Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs)
2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese
Cooking spray 


Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen (I froze mine for 24 hours)


Pour the egg beaters in a small bowl.  Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.

To bread the cheese sticks:  First dip the frozen cheese stick into the flour then into the gg then into the bread crumb mixture.

Once all of the 24 sticks are coated, place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with the cooking spray.


Once all of the 24 sticks are coated, place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with the cooking spray.

Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes or until crisp.

I served my mozzarella sticks with tomato sauce.  For 5 mozzarella sticks you are only using 4 points.  I plan on making these and having them in my freezer to pop in the oven whenever I need a delicious snack.



No comments:

Post a Comment