Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chocolate-Fudge Cookie Bites


I love baking!!  It is one of my favorite things to do.  Baking calms me when I am stressed and what isn’t to love about sweets?  So I decided to try Weight Watchers’ Chocolate-Fudge Cookie Bites, which are only one point for each cookie!  

These cookies are small but really tasty!  You will need:

1 spray cooking spray
1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa
¼ cups margarine, softened
¾ cups sugar
4 oz unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp table salt
2 Tbsp powdered sugar

Preheat oven 375.  Coat two nonstick cookie sheets with cooking spray.

Place cocoa, margarine and sugar in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer. Add applesauce and vanilla; beat to blend. 
In another small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into cocoa batter with a wooden spoon.
Shape batter into 48 marble-sized balls. Arrange balls 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.  I tried to shape the cookies with my hands but they kept sticking to my hands.  So I used a teaspoon to shape the cookies.
Bake until set, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to stand for 1 minute. Remove to wire rack and cool; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These cookies are small but give you the right amount of chocolate.  I froze the extra cookies in a freezer safe container.  When I want an extra bite of chocolate, I take out one or two of the cookies and heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds.  When heated the cookie tastes like chocolate fudge.  The cookies are not as sweet as some chocolate cookies but for diet cookies they definitely work!

No comments:

Post a Comment